Sunday 29 June 2008

Olive Oil - Never Again

Having tested small patches on the arm with extra virgin olive oil, thought everything would be okay as there was no apparent reaction. So decided to test it on the whole body before I went to sleep. Bad bad bad bad bad!

After 1 hour I started feeling a little itchy on the upper arms, then the legs, then the torso. I tried to ignore it as I wanted to sleep. No way, the itching intensified and here was acute eczema presenting itself. Hives everywhere. After 15 more minutes of enduring, decided to get up and have a good salt out to leech out the oils that had got into my skin. Unfortunately too late as had done damage all over.

The day after was not too great either, salting it again and again, eventually the itching died down and now have to remember to touch or pick the mess! Oh well good thing I had some healing time before this. Time to start again. Must remember if things are going well - not too change too much from the routine!

And to top off everything, Friday night the spinach was looking great, the beans were growing nicely. Woke up in the morning and everything had been trimmed back! Thought my house mate had picked them, but in fact a deer(s) had come and eaten everything. Oh well at least the deer has eaten well.

No comments: