Sunday 1 June 2008

Salty Skin

Swimming in the sea has always been a positive experience for skin in general. My friend swears that when he has a bit of dandruff he goes swimming. Well he lives in Italy by the sea.

The sea water appears to have the same effect on my skin. Swim in it for a couple of weeks and the quality and texture of the skin improves significantly. Although one could also argue that the cleaner sea air and the reduction in city stress could also be signalling the brain to heal the skin.

Visiting seems a long way to go and I need to stay in the city and earn my keep in this world of spiralling food and fuel prices. So next option is to test "Does salt water have a significant effect on the skin?"

Today I decided to see if sea salt has an effect and will try this for a week. I have taken a handful of sea salt and rubbed it into my wet skin. It burns and feels very satisfying! I am not a masochist but if does not make me itch further then perhaps it might help santize my skin, since doc has already told me off for using dettol to disinfect my skin!

I'll update you all next week Sunday

8th June: Sneaky update on a past post....however have researched salt on wounds and seems it has been used in medicine since the beginning see http://www.tribunes.com/tribune/sel/worm.htm

No comments: