Wednesday 18 June 2008

One Step Forward and Two Steps Back

Hotel Destruction
My job requires me to travel and this means living in hotels and no guarantees about the environmental factors. So I arrive at the hotel late at night, weary and tired and go to bed. During the course of the night I am itchy, restless and have a mini scratch destruction. Unfortunately a sharp edge of one of my finger nails ploughed thru some areas of the skin.

Oh well, alas back to square one.....flaky, over dry skin. Getting up was a chore, my body felt aweful, my face was very red and the eyes red and puffy.

I've had an allergic reaction. Two things:
- the room was warm - got the hotel to supply a fan
- the bedding was feather pillows and a down duvet - got the hotel to replace all bedding with anti-allegenic.

Getting Back on Track
I had forgotten the Aloe Vera and not had time to find any in shops close by. I think great let's see if there is an impact. It took 5 days to get the itching back under control again. Getting up during the night when itchy to have a cold shower as well as using the sea salt treatment. However the skin did not feel as moist as when Aloe Vera had been applied when the skin was at a similar condition earlier on in the year.

So my lesson this week to all sufferers, is to check your bedding before you go to sleep.

No comments: