Friday 6 June 2008

Doctor Doctor

My nails have gone white, my lymph nodes are enlarged and I have a body rash. A web search indicates that I could have anything from liver disease to lymphoma. So before I die of what ever I decided to visit the doctor.

Me: Doc my lymph nodes are up, nails are white and I have a rash all over my body.

Doctor: Hmm yes your lymph nodes are up - must be due to your eczema

Me: And my white nails. I've not seen them white before

Doctor: Hmm yes they are white! I believe this is also due to the eczema. Nothing to worry about. It should all get better when the skin heals. I can prescribe some cortisone cream.

Me: NO thanks. Am trying to get my skin to heal properly. I already did a one month course in Feb/March. It got better and then it worsened!

Doctor: Well it is the only thing we can prescribe to get it under control.

Me: Okay well I am salting it at the moment to desanitize it

Doctor: Really!!!

Me: Yes I get a fantastic burning pain, which is better than the itching

Doctor: What's the logic for salt?

Me: My skin gets better swimming in the sea.

Doctor: Well let me know after a week, becos as your eczema is so wide spread we'll get you seen by a dermatologist and put you back onto steroid creams.

...and so I leave thinking the salt has got to work. After one week, there is a mild improvement but nothing significant yet. I am going to leave it for another week!

By the way putting salt on the skin is really drying and requires loads of moisturising after. However, I have now been mixing this with Balenum Plus and this seems to be a better concoction.

No comments: