Sunday 8 June 2008

Slip Sliding Away

This week the ears, face and neck are starting to look normal!


However, on Friday I was feeling a little down, about being continuously itchy, trying hard to restrain myself from the slippery slope of scratching, taking chunks out of my skin (as had done so earlier in the week on my arm), and the whole eczema cycle. Had taken two baths one in the morning and one at night to ease off the itch and decided to go to bed early.


I woke up Saturday feeling calm, the skin on my torso and legs felt calm, and it was a rather odd feeling. Looking at my email I noticed a friendly mail had come through from a Singaporean friend, saying he had been praying about my skin. :o)




This weekend, I have noticed the skin on the torso has improved although still spotty in areas. I am still following a regime of:

a) showering my skin to wet it and plugging the bath to retain the water

b) salting my skin with sea salt, leaving it on for a couple of minutes

c) washing salt off and now sitting in diluted salty water

d) rubbing balneum plus on my skin to put the moisture back in

e) washing the bath oil off after a couple of minutes

f) relaxing in a salty oily bath water for about 5-10 minutes more.


After I towel dry myself (or if warm enough dry off naturally), I apply aloe vera gel. The one in the picture is from my local health shop and then followed by emulsifying ointment (very greasy) to seal the moisture in and act as a barrier. The skin laps it all up and normally have to do a top up before I go to bed.

Note: During the day I will apply emulsifying ointment as many times as necessary when the skin feels dry or irritated.

My enlightening email, also suggested that since I reacted to massage oils it has got into my system and so there must be some way to get rid of it. A light switched on in my head - I need to additionally do a detox and cleanse my liver. So onwards towards a detox week.

No comments: