Wednesday 4 June 2008

Watching Hives Appear

I wake up in the morning and although I had to wake up once during the night to have a cold shower to reduce the itching on the legs, the skin on the arms is looking quite good.

Continuing on with a normal morning routine of creaming down the skin (aloe vera first to soothe and heal the skin, followed by a covering with emulsifying ointment to act as a barrier). I don't know what happened in the next couple of minutes, perhaps I rubbed some dust into my skin or the fresh t-shirt I put on had dust on it, but little bumps started to appear on my arm. My back began to feel intensely itchy and I knew this was bad. A cold shower helped a little but with the whole back now feeling itchy and both arms covered with hives, I needed to take an antihistamine.

So I will probably have to go to sleep soon again!

No comments: