Friday 4 July 2008

What's Up Doc?

Decided to see the doc about my white nails again so that she could refer me to a dermatologist.

Remember I saw her 4 weeks ago and she was ready to refer me to a dermatologist at the time, but I rejected it at the time wanting to try out my sea salt experiment.


Me: Doc can you refer me to a dermatologist?

Doc: Why?

Me: Well because you said you would the last time and I'm fed up with this eczema and I have a bag of skin to show you that I scratched off during the night. I'm fed up of sleepless nights.....

Doc: Let's have a look at it.

I strip off - behind closed curtains off course.

Doc: Well, have to say it looks more like you are suffering from very dry skin now. I don't see any eczema.

Me: Err yes, I'm at a stable moment, been killing my skin with salt for the last 5 weeks. However, perhaps a stronger dose of cortsone cream will be able to kill off the last parts. Better to whack it off the planet than touching it with weak doses.

Doc: Cortesone won't do anything for you at this moment. You need to intensify your moisturising program.

Me: ???? I moisturise many times a day and in the night. I go though two 500g tubs of thick emulsifying ointment every month....

...and so I get packed off with a prescription of epaderm which is suppose to be more moisturising and forget about my white nails!!!

Well she has given me 3 weeks to see if it makes a difference. I hope she is right.....can't believe I nearly went for the cortesone!!!

No comments: