Monday 4 July 2016

A Case of 3 Rashes

Perhaps all the folk offering me different potions wanted me back here as I rejected all of them! Okay that's a little cynical eh ;)

During January a small bit of eczema came back inside the elbow. I accepted this as one of those things that I could sort out. I was able to control it.

During February a small rash appeared on my forehead and by June had spread to around my eyes and cheeks. My tears appeared to burn my skin and yet I had hardly scratched my skin and soon it was in a cycle of shedding skin for the sake of shedding. I felt I had dandruff on my face and around the left eye, it felt there was something crawling underneath.

During March something weird was happening on my butt cheeks. I thought it was ring worm so treated it with an anti-fungal cream. It got worst. After 4 weeks I treated it with an antiseptic, this reduced the itching and appeared to heal the skin. Unfortunately it spread round to my groin and soon on my thigh and began spreading upwards. This rash turned my skin very dark (my mother says it looked black and I am pretty fair skinned). I observed that eating sugary sweet foods seemed to be feeding my March rash.

Even more irritating each rash responded differently.

I finally gave up on the March and Feb rash and went to the doc at the end of June. Yep kicking and screaming.

The doc took one look and agreed that it seems I have been nurturing mushrooms....(sick attempt at humour). Yes doc said immediately - fungal infection!

I knew what the doc would prescribe - hydrocortisone.....combined with an anti-fungal cream as well as antibiotics for 14 days and an anti-fungal pill for 7 days.

I am on day 3 and applying the anti-fungal hydrocortisone only to the March rash. The aim is to do it for twice a day for the first 3 days and then to reduce to once a day after the next 2 days and then to reduce to once every other day. I really have no idea if this will ensure my skin does not become addicted to hydrocortisone again but at least I have been able to sleep.

The January and Feb rashes appear to be sorting themselves out without applying anything further. It might be the anti-fungal tablet is sorting out the February rash and the better sleep is sorting out the January rash.

Am sure I'll do an update later. After all I was supposed to have created a new section.....well writing takes time....so I thought I should work first, blog later.

Hope all your skin is feeling great.

No comments: