Thursday 10 July 2008

Reprogramming Insomnia

The skin is looking much better and slowly beginning to look like normal skin.

The only problem now is the insomnia. An eczema sufferer can suffer long bouts of sleepless nights due to the itching and scratching. I've learnt to exist on 3-4 hours sleep a night sometimes only 1 or 2 hours during the weekdays and then try to do a catch up on the weekend.

Having done this since January, my head seems stuck in the habit. No matter what time I go to bed, I lay there restless but seem to doze off just before the alarm goes off at 07:00. Sometimes I go to bed in the early evening, tired. I doze off but then find I am awake after an hour and then the sleeplessness continues.

Sleep is so important for healing to occur so need to reprogram. Will to try to wake up at the same time every day. No more lie ins and early nights.

No comments: