Monday 7 December 2009

Travel + Sleep

I really hate traveling long haul. I suffer badly from jetlag and my attempts to recover quickly from it, means I sleep very little.

Having just done a 14 hour flight, I slept about 10 hours over 3 nights. My skin has been relentlessly itchy and I can't knock myself out due to work. Night times are restless and long even after having taken my normal knock out dosage of antihistamines. 

All the good work improving the skin nearly went out the door. Until someone offered me their place for a marathon. It was hot, humid, there were lots of people and I could feel their body heat and smell their sweat. I suffered from heat exhaustion. I'm not entirely sure whether I enjoyed this or not.

However I had a great 10 hours sleep and today although it is dry and needs healing, my skin is feeling much calmer.

4 comments:

Sharon said...

Sleep definetely helps with healing the skin. It is when you body can fully rest and recover. Although I can still not sleep through the night without waking up at least once, I do notice that I sleep better when I do yoga or use the sauna during the day.

Traveling is horrible, although I love it, the jetlag and sleeping on the plane part is the worst.

I want good skin said...

Thank you Sharon. Sleep is getting better.....URGH! Hope your skin is well :o)

Nivea said...

I can still sleep at the moment, but i'll scratch my legs every nite when i sleep. How do i make sure i won't scratch when i'm unconscious? It is so hard to stop scratching when i'm conscious, not to mention when i'm unconscious :(

I want good skin said...

Sorry to hear your situation Nivea. I have managed to gain a little more control over my night time scratching but it does involve me getting up and not ignoring the itch. Next post is for you :)