Thursday 7 August 2008

So.....

...another visit back to el doctor.

Doc: Skin looks much better

Me: Yeah - expected it as you've hit me hard with steroid creams. The flaking has reduced. My worst fear is that it'll all come back after stopping the steroids and that will be my big disappointment with the whole treatment.

(no pressure!)

Doc: What we will do is step down your treatment and ensure there is no rebound.
So
- Week 1: 1% hydrocortesone now every other day and fucibet the other days
- Week 2: Use only the hydrocortesone
- Week 3: Hydrocortesone every other day and then come and see me for the next stage

Me: Ok (well might as well since I've reverted back down the steroid path)

On the other hand having had the antibiotics seems to have calmed down my system and have been able to sleep at night without the use of anti-histamines. I have had 2 weeks of sleep and the skin likes sleep.....

No comments: