Monday 26 May 2008

The Best Defense

Nails
I've cut my nails soooo short that I can't even peal an orange or open a can of tomatoes using the ring pulls. Yet my skin can still find an edge to cut into the skin.

My best friend therefore is a nail file to smooth out the rough ridges.

Recommend filing in one direction, smoothing off the edges every other day. Thank goodness I'm female, so that I can file my non-existent nails in public where ever I am.

It also acts as a minor distraction as it is a two handed operation. The more intense the itch, the more I file my nails.


Bath and Sleep
Had an itch attack today so I tried a bath with Balneum Plus. This has helped to alleviate my itching in the past. It did not today. So I sent myself to sleep focusing on thanking God that I was not at work today and that my nails were so short that it was difficult to scratch anyway. Meditation on other things is good to remove the focus off the itch.

No comments: