Friday 30 March 2018

Hydrogen Peroxide


Have had one of those episodes of strange rashes. On one side of my face, have been suffering from hives or urticaria which swells, burns and stings. It looks almost as if someone has punched me at times. It later proceeds to continue with with a niggly itch as if insects are walking on my face, and then goes scaly. This tends to happen in winter and goes away for a couple of months in summer (GP said it's eczema). Been off and on since December.

In February, another rash formed on the inside of my thigh and was mirrored on the opposite thigh. I wish I had bothered to take photos.Anyway it has been itchy everyday and wondered about it occurring from lack of sun.

Anyhoo, I found a bottle of hydrogen peroxide and thought I'd apply it on the rashes. Have been using a dilution of 1-2. The hard redness of both rashes has reduced after two days of applying. Maybe it has bleached the skin. Will see after a week of application. Makes me wonder if it is some type of fungal infection instead.

BTW if you do decide to try this. Hydrogen Peroxide stings like #$%# if you have any cuts.

Wishing you happy healing

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI,
WHAT PERCENTAGE WAS THE HYDROGEN PEROXIDE BEFORE YOU DILUTED 1:2?

I want good skin said...

20%

Antti Lehtinen said...

Hi, I really like your effort to help people with eczema.
It is so true that everything that you do and touch affects it.

My late mother had eczema, and my wife has it too. My daughter had it when she was just a baby, now when she is 9 years old she has only a small dry rough spot in her leg from that time. Biggest thing for my daughter was the washing powder.

What we have done to reduce eczema to as small as possible:
-Give up every laundry softener, use vinegar if softness is needed
-Try to avoid factory farmed meat (contains all kind of medication residues)
-Use organic vegetables and fruits whenever possible.
-Go through different laundry powders to find the best
-Stop using milk-products, try at least to see the effect.
-Remember to expose your skin in the summer to get UV, it helped my wife a lot. The difference was clear in the winter (we live in Finland)
-Skip using deodorant, or use those rocksalt based.

After a while we did all of these, found a perfect washing powder for the whole family and the rocksalt deodorant.

Now my wife has little to none eczema, and my daughter has none too.

Thank you for your blog.

Yours,
Antti (Andy) and Nina from Finland (Caring Panda)

Anonymous said...

I had a terrible rash on my neck and face. It drove me nuts with the constant itching. I tried the recommend eczema medications but nothing worked. Out of desperation I started using hydrogen peroxide on it 3 times a day. Yes, it burns and stings for about 15 minutes but then the itching stops. It's been about 3 weeks now and the rash is gone. I'm still using hydrogen peroxide because I can still feel the sting in a few places.