Sunday 12 September 2010

Burning Off the Skin

Skin continually flaking even when I've not scratched for some days. Decided to hit it with some Fucibet (cortesoid cream) for the next 3 days. Doc had given me this last year when the body was infected and only managed to use it for a week before contracting Shingles! Then I didn't use it again and managed to sort out other external factors to heal the skin.....sleep.....drinking more water......eat more fresh veggies......

However work pressures are not allowing me to sort out sleep and am constantly picking the flaking skin off. I forget to drink at times. I know it's bad and at the moment am weak willed and have poor discipline. Perhaps I should stop working.......and I will take a rest from it all in a couple of months!!!

But in the interim, am burning off the dead skin - either that or I exfoliate it off - but don't think that is good either as it also can pull off good new skin. Got to work/sleep.....

4 comments:

Abby Indge said...

Fucibet works wonders for me, and after only a day or two as well but I don't like using any steriods if I can help it.
I hope you feel less itchy soon.
Fingers crossed the soon to be cold weather doesn't affect us too much!!

I want good skin said...

Thanks Abigail - The itch is more under control. I hate using any steroids as well. Will be boosting up on cod liver oil and vit e (oil of primrose) for the winter. Let's keep positive.

Mei Wei said...

Dun overdo the exfoliating cos it can cause exposure to bacteria and then infection.

I want good skin said...

MW - I agree in fact I do not believe exfoliating helps