Wednesday 6 July 2016

Day 6 of Antibiotics and Antifungal

The Flucloxacillin Antibiotics (500mg) really taste and smell "yuck". Must remember to get some probiotic bacteria to replace my good bacteria.

The Fluconazole anti-fungal tablet neither tastes nor smells.

The February face rash appears to be withdrawing. Additionally the excessive skin droppings has also become nothing. The January rash is tagging along.

The March rash has also improved greatly. Although this is an area that I have also been applying Daktacort (2% miconazole nitrate and 1% hydrocrotisone). For the first 4 days I applied the cream morning and night. I have now been applying it once a day. The skin now looks dark brown as if I have a tan rather than like an almost black colour.

Whites of Eyes and Stomach
I have also noticed the whites of my eyes appear more white. Way back in March 2016, my little nephew asked me why my eyes were so yellow. They have looked yellow for soo long, I thought it was from tiredness. My skin colour looked normal so in my self diagnosis didn't think much more. Which brings me to the stomach. November 2015 I had Salmonella poisoning. It was horrible and my gut has never really recovered from it. Though I did take some probiotic tablets which appeared to help somewhat. Yes my gut seems to be way better, so can only attribute that to the antibiotics am taking.

My system was probably beginning to veer out of control and I continually ignored symptoms. So I am thankful to the March rash for being so persistent that I was forced to the GP and although my doc is sorting out the one rash, the rest of my body has thankfully benefitted.

I have one more day on the anti-fungal and 8 more days on the antibiotics.

No comments: