Friday 7 October 2011

Moisturising Plan

First of all I want to thank all the commenters and those who have encouraged. It has been a while since I last blogged about my skin. Work and marathons have been ruling my life but am now taking a 2 month break.

I also had a short change of scenery.......and my skin conditions improved. Now I could say that it was the heat, but I think it was also because I rested a whole lot more! (remember the healing hormones that are manufactured when you are in a state of rest).

Moisturising on the Outside
I am no longer using prescribed creams and emollients and instead using shop brands. Don't really want to say what brands they are as what works for me may not necessarily work for you. However I am using the creams that our "older" generation use and have found them better moisturisers (as well as cheaper than my prescribed emollients!). This was quite by accident as I borrowed some moisturing cream from my mother and my skin loved it!

Moisturising on the Inside
I am doing my best to drink at least 1 litre of water a day. I find it hard as I hate the urgency of having to continually go to toilet. But my body needs to get used to taking in more water so that it can moisturise on the inside.

...And so onwards to Winter
Eczema skin is prone to drying out quickly and when I am more relaxed about my moisturising regime, my skin develops dry spots that flare up and then turns into eczema.

My skin is so much better than when I first started this blog, however back working and doing long hours, the itchy cycle haunts me, tries to suck me back into the scratch world. Am relearning that if my skin tingles when I touch it, then I must find something to do to keep my hands occupied. I need to learn to really "want" good skin all the time and not when it begins to return to being itchy, wrinkled and scaly. I need to be proactive and to anticipate that the Winter season is coming into town and thus need to care for my skin's moisturising needs even more than in Summer.

Now to keep my moisturising in check both inside and out!

No comments: